Skip to content

Addressing the Ben 10 Reboot Part 4: Show/Episode Discussions cont.

Locked Ben 10 Reboot
370 24 297.9k 22
  • i'm gonna be honest. This looks pretty promising. It kinda feels a bit like the old episodes from the original. Wish we could get a better understanding of how omni enhance worked though. It felt strange to see ben go for grey matter, but then again, we don't have context.

  • @Andrew42 By the clip, it seems Ben is trying to be responsible so Grandpa Max will allow him to have a pet (the Cadobbit - which he is hiding), so Ben thinks it's best to use a smart alien instead of brute force to show he's responsible and mature.

    I would also like the know more about the Omni-Enhance. I have a feeling it's connected to Ben's 11th alien.

  • Here is a clip from season 2

    https://youtu.be/r9vV_b8XMaI

    @james From what I can tell here with this clip along with everything else that we know about season 2, it's like what I said before. This look like it's just going to be more of the same as what we got in season 1.

    @Andrew42 How does this even feel like what we got from the original show?

  • @james From what I can tell here with this clip along with everything else that we know about season 2, it's like what I said before. This look like it's just going to be more of the same as what we got in season 1.

    @Andrew42 How does this even feel like what we got from the original show?

    @tactical-ochoa said in Addressing the Ben 10 Reboot Part 4: Show/Episode Discussions cont.:

    @james From what I can tell here with this clip along with everything else that we know about season 2, it's like what I said before. This look like it's just going to be more of the same as what we got in season 1.

    I don't think the 11 minute episode format is working well for Ben 10. The sudden Omni-Enhance alien just doesn't appear out of nowhere without explanation.

  • Can't wait to see more new Ben 10 reboot episode c;ips "Out To Launch" and " Can I Keep Him?" when they aired this week. Keep 'em coming LOL

  • @james From what I can tell here with this clip along with everything else that we know about season 2, it's like what I said before. This look like it's just going to be more of the same as what we got in season 1.

    @Andrew42 How does this even feel like what we got from the original show?

    @tactical-ochoa He feels like a 10 year old. The way he approaches things. How he acts and talks. Since you're an adult critic, you've probably overlooked that detail. Ben's personality really doesn't feel out of place to me. He hides the Cadobbit under a BLANKET. I used to do that all the time when i was hiding things from my family. Point is, he's just a kid who found a watch that turns him into aliens. Not a mature adult.

  • @ultraalien I think this clip is from episode 2, "Can I Keep It". The first episode is actually "Out to Launch", perhaps they'll explain the Omni-Enhance there (I hope they do, otherwise I agree, it will be too random and sudden)

  • I had a friend who watched it in the UK.
    He said Episode 1 does explain and that when Vilgax comes back, he does have a bit of a lava scar on his face. Apparently Ben does the Omni-Enhancement by accident when he's Diamondhead, he didn't know how he triggered it but yeah.
    Aliens: XLR8, Grey Matter (sequence), Diamondhead (sequence, Enhanced)

    Episode 2 is just another Dr. Animo episode but with Ben wanting to keep a Catdobbit (Cat+Dog+Rabbit) as a pet (before finding out it's Animo's), but Ben has pet allergies in this series.
    Aliens: Four Arms, Heatblast, Wildvine (x2), Diamondhead, XLR8, Grey Matter (sequence, Enhanced)

    Also apparently Dr. Animo has been a big part of being a main villain in this series, as this episode will further go into detail with it, especially since later this week there's a team up.

  • I had a friend who watched it in the UK.
    He said Episode 1 does explain and that when Vilgax comes back, he does have a bit of a lava scar on his face. Apparently Ben does the Omni-Enhancement by accident when he's Diamondhead, he didn't know how he triggered it but yeah.
    Aliens: XLR8, Grey Matter (sequence), Diamondhead (sequence, Enhanced)

    Episode 2 is just another Dr. Animo episode but with Ben wanting to keep a Catdobbit (Cat+Dog+Rabbit) as a pet (before finding out it's Animo's), but Ben has pet allergies in this series.
    Aliens: Four Arms, Heatblast, Wildvine (x2), Diamondhead, XLR8, Grey Matter (sequence, Enhanced)

    Also apparently Dr. Animo has been a big part of being a main villain in this series, as this episode will further go into detail with it, especially since later this week there's a team up.

    @ebomnitrix Intriguing. Is your friend a reliable source?

  • He literally watched it on TV, and lives in the UK, and I was just talking to him in a Discord server. The information is also now on the Ben 10 Wikia so....

  • I had a friend who watched it in the UK.
    He said Episode 1 does explain and that when Vilgax comes back, he does have a bit of a lava scar on his face. Apparently Ben does the Omni-Enhancement by accident when he's Diamondhead, he didn't know how he triggered it but yeah.
    Aliens: XLR8, Grey Matter (sequence), Diamondhead (sequence, Enhanced)

    Episode 2 is just another Dr. Animo episode but with Ben wanting to keep a Catdobbit (Cat+Dog+Rabbit) as a pet (before finding out it's Animo's), but Ben has pet allergies in this series.
    Aliens: Four Arms, Heatblast, Wildvine (x2), Diamondhead, XLR8, Grey Matter (sequence, Enhanced)

    Also apparently Dr. Animo has been a big part of being a main villain in this series, as this episode will further go into detail with it, especially since later this week there's a team up.

    @ebomnitrix Does your friend know anything about the 11th alien that was teased in the end of Season 1? I think it may be connected to the Omni-Enhance

  • The reboot episodes sound promising. Especially Animomorphosis. I've always wanted to see vilgax and Dr. Animo team up. Plus, who knows what animo could do with alien dna. And if they're meddling with the omnitrix, ben could accidentally turn into the new alien or something.

  • So Alien 11 didn't show up.
    Gwen and Max however don't see the Omni-Enhancement until the Grey Matter clip which is Episode 2, Ben's first time using it was accidentally as Diamondhead when he fought Vilgax. They also didn't establish the Omni-Enhancement to them, so it leads to tomorrow if they're going to ask about it or not.

  • So Alien 11 didn't show up.
    Gwen and Max however don't see the Omni-Enhancement until the Grey Matter clip which is Episode 2, Ben's first time using it was accidentally as Diamondhead when he fought Vilgax. They also didn't establish the Omni-Enhancement to them, so it leads to tomorrow if they're going to ask about it or not.

    @ebomnitrix if they don't ask or even acknowledge it as something new, the reboot's second season probably won't do well.

  • Remember Ben 10 is trying to be episodic about their adventures, if you're expecting every episode to be about plot, then you're asking for too much in a Ben 10 series.
    If you want a plot based Ben 10 series go back and watch UAF, because OS, OV and the Reboot are mostly episodic and the new show is puzzle piecing.
    For a second season, its already off to a great start, so just stay tuned and expect Season 2 to be like Season 1 but just a little bit better. If any of you were expecting more after Omni-Tricked, I'm sorry to disappoint you but if the Omni-Enhancements don't do it for you, then the rest of the show won't then.

  • Remember Ben 10 is trying to be episodic about their adventures, if you're expecting every episode to be about plot, then you're asking for too much in a Ben 10 series.
    If you want a plot based Ben 10 series go back and watch UAF, because OS, OV and the Reboot are mostly episodic and the new show is puzzle piecing.
    For a second season, its already off to a great start, so just stay tuned and expect Season 2 to be like Season 1 but just a little bit better. If any of you were expecting more after Omni-Tricked, I'm sorry to disappoint you but if the Omni-Enhancements don't do it for you, then the rest of the show won't then.

    @ebomnitrix i don't want an overarching story, i just want someone like gwen to be like: How'd you do that?

  • The first episode actually explains it, Gwen's watching the fight scene.
    Some kid uploaded 9 of 11 minutes of it so enjoy!:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h45ZneHm6PI

  • I'll be honest. I was pleased with what i saw. The armored diamond head was awesome, and vilgax was pretty cool. The "tan line" was weird to look at, but it was bit of continuity to the show, so that's nice. I felt the omnitrix timed out too fast, but in retrospect, it's always been unpredictable. Ben's actions didn't feel out of place, though i feel like he should've gone for stinkfly instead of XLR8. so yeah, those are my first impressions. Don't worry @Tactical-Ochoa. You can still dislike it and say its not as good as the original.

  • @tactical-ochoa He feels like a 10 year old. The way he approaches things. How he acts and talks. Since you're an adult critic, you've probably overlooked that detail. Ben's personality really doesn't feel out of place to me. He hides the Cadobbit under a BLANKET. I used to do that all the time when i was hiding things from my family. Point is, he's just a kid who found a watch that turns him into aliens. Not a mature adult.

    @andrew42 said in Addressing the Ben 10 Reboot Part 4: Show/Episode Discussions cont.:

    @tactical-ochoa He feels like a 10 year old. The way he approaches things. How he acts and talks. Since you're an adult critic, you've probably overlooked that detail. Ben's personality really doesn't feel out of place to me. He hides the Cadobbit under a BLANKET. I used to do that all the time when i was hiding things from my family. Point is, he's just a kid who found a watch that turns him into aliens. Not a mature adult.

    So because Ben acts like a 10-year-old, it makes the reboot more like the original show. That's your reasoning here? Not because of the implementation of story arcs, character development, extreme scenes (such as Zombozo stealing positive energy from people, Zs'Skayr possessing Gwen and almost forcing her to commit suicide against her will, the hints of abuse that Kevin and Charmcaster went through, etc), etc etc etc? In Code Name Kids Next Door, pretty much every kid in that show acts like how actual kids behave. Does that make KND more like the original Ben 10? No because those are very different shows. I saw the 2017 remake of Stephen King's It. One of the many things that I like from that film is that the child actors act like how actual kids behave alongside them being really great at their roles. Does that make the film more like the original Ben 10? No because It is very different from Ben 10.

    Also, how does me being an adult have anything to do with how I view fictional child characters. I used to be a kid and I remember how I was like as a kid. I remember how a lot of kids behaved when I was a kid. Hell, I still often see how kids behave today. Let's not forget that the Original Series is also my most favorite show in the franchise so far and I remember first watching it at the age of 11. Also, even though Ben is a 10-year-old kid, he is constantly putting himself in very dangerous situations where one wrong move can mean the death of Ben himself and/or the death of others. He may not be an adult but it is expected for him to be more responsible and mature because he is putting himself in adult-like situations. This is something that we very much see in the original show where often times Ben does act like a 10-year-old kid but also often times shows a lot of maturity and responsibility as a hero. Something that we see more often coming out of Ben in the original show compared to Ben in the reboot show.

    Ben may be a child in this show but he is also a fictional character that is constantly putting himself in adult-like situations, just like many other fictional characters regardless of their ages. Also, me being an adult has nothing to do with how I view fictional child characters and the same goes for every other adult critic. Ben being a 10-year-old has very little to do with how the Original Series was like and has very little to do with whether or not the reboot is more like the Original Series.

    And yeah, I still think the reboot is not as good as the original and that is very much justifiable to say since that this current Ben 10 show is a reboot that uses the very same exact premise as the original show and even copies a lot, and I mean A LOT, from the original show. As I said plenty of times before, how can fans and viewers not compare the reboot to the original if the reboot keeps reminding them of the original? Even if I don't compare the reboot to the original show, I still don't find it to be a good show. It's decent at best.

  • You know, every time we have this discussion, you go back to: "I grew up with ben 10, so i know how it should be." If you had your way, the series would be dead. After the original, nothing. It's 2017, and cartoon network has a very kid friendly image. And you'd rather have little kids get scared and possibly scarred for life by adult scenarios.

  • Ben 10 2016 Reboot Episode Review: The Charm Offensive

    Ben 10 Reboot
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    Tactical OchoaT
    @csgt I do agree with you on Charmcaster's UAF design. Granted, as shown in the quote that you're using to respond to, that's not the point that I'm addressing here. I'm not stating that Charmcaster's UAF design looks unique overall. I'm stating that it looks better and more unique than Charmcaster's reboot design. Even though her UAF design isn't really unique on its own, is most certainly not a design that I like and favor, and doesn't even hold a candle to Charmcaster's OS design, it is a better and more visually unique design when compared to Charmcaster's reboot design, which, again, looks very much like a typical and generic Goth girl. Considering how they've handled the Ben 10 reboot so far, I doubt that they're going to make a connection between Hex and Charmcaster in the reboot. Her first name being Hope and the concept of Ledgerdomain itself are pretty much the only things related to Charmcaster in UAF that I liked. Ledgerdomain does have some nice potential and Hope sounds pretty ironic considering what Charmcaster went through with Hex before the events of the Original Series. Everything else with Charmcaster in UAF is stuff that I don't like. I most especially don't like how they handled her relationship with Hex in UAF though given that it very much conflicts with what was established with them in the OS. Granted, you do make a good point. Charmcaster, and Hex, were terribly handled and written in the sequel shows. However, when it came down to Charmcaster as a character, I really only compared the reboot Charmcaster to the OS Charmcaster because yeah, Charmcaster went through a pretty severe downgrade in the sequel shows and Charmcaster was at her best in the OS. I do have an interest in making an article about Charmcaster and analyzing her as a character, much like how I did with other characters such as Julie Yamamoto and Professor Paradox. I know for sure that this Charmcaster article is going to address the points about her in UAF that you made here.
  • Ben 10 Reboot Discussion Part 1: Season 2

    Ben 10 Reboot
    406
    1 Votes
    406 Posts
    342k Views
    OffbeatcatO
    also, we need to start a new thread. this is too long, and not on season 2.
  • Ben 10 2016 Reboot Episode Review: Clown College

    Moved Ben 10 Reboot
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • Ben 10 2016 Reboot Episode Review: Something I Ate

    Moved Ben 10 Reboot
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • Addressing the Ben 10 Reboot

    Locked Ben 10 Reboot
    150
    1 Votes
    150 Posts
    280k Views
    Ultimate OmniTriU
    I split the topic and moved it to Ben 10 reboot section. http://ben10club.org/topic/121/addressing-the-ben-10-reboot-which-is-actually-a-remake-and-not-a-reboot/3 I am now locking this topic.