Skip to content

I met the creators of ben 10 today at new york comic con 2017.

General Discussion
70 11 41.7k 10
  • @bwen329 Did you record your conversation with MOA and do you still have the dvd with the commentary on it?

    i dont have the dvd with me but i did watch it a long time ago on youtube before it was taken down. you could watch it yourself.

  • you dont even need to watch the dvd commentary to know about the odd subtext its there in the show. I go by what was shown and not what was said.

  • i dont have the dvd with me but i did watch it a long time ago on youtube before it was taken down. you could watch it yourself.

    @bwen329 I'm having trouble finding a video on it but the Ben 10 Planet wiki does state that the season 1 dvd does have commentary by the creators. Maybe soon I'll order each season of the original show up on Amazon. And yeah, I know that I don't need to see the commentary to know about the subtext but still, it's very odd that MOA stated on the commentary for season 1 of the original show that Ben and Gwen were originally supposed to be classmates and then suddenly now change that to Ben and Gwen originally being siblings.

  • @bwen329 I'm having trouble finding a video on it but the Ben 10 Planet wiki does state that the season 1 dvd does have commentary by the creators. Maybe soon I'll order each season of the original show up on Amazon. And yeah, I know that I don't need to see the commentary to know about the subtext but still, it's very odd that MOA stated on the commentary for season 1 of the original show that Ben and Gwen were originally supposed to be classmates and then suddenly now change that to Ben and Gwen originally being siblings.

    @tactical-ochoa to me there hiding something and dont want to tell the actual truth which i find very odd. Maybe telling the truth might upset fans even more? They are aware many bwen shippers have asked them about the subtext there okay with people shipping it but its completely fanon to them.

  • @tactical-ochoa to me there hiding something and dont want to tell the actual truth which i find very odd. Maybe telling the truth might upset fans even more? They are aware many bwen shippers have asked them about the subtext there okay with people shipping it but its completely fanon to them.

    @bwen329 Maybe they're hiding something. I'm not sure about that myself. If they really did tell you that Ben and Gwen were originally meant to be siblings yet they said before that Ben and Gwen were originally meant to be classmates, I just find that odd that they would do that. That's just really it so far with what I think about this.

  • Man of action in the past has the tendency to say controversal stuff in the past so i wouldnt be surprised if they made up excuses of the odd subtext and say that it was never there despite what was shown.

  • You since Gwen and Ben were born only minutes apart on the same day. It would make sense in making the two being twin siblings.

  • You since Gwen and Ben were born only minutes apart on the same day. It would make sense in making the two being twin siblings.

    @ultraalien That was one episode were they mention about ben and gwen being born the same days. But many other episodes still had weird unrelated family vibes to it.

  • As for charm-caster and Kevin returning man of action aren't allowed to say anything about it they just said keep watching the show.

  • @bwen329 I was pretty sad because right when i got to the booth Duncan Rouleau left so he couldnt draw me a sketch.

  • My Ben 10 aliens playlist

    General Discussion
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    706 Views
    coreofthesunC
    @Mortie-10 Here's mine [image: 1619813967998-playlist.png] I believe that it is a really balanced playlist with a range of different aliens, none of whom are too overpowered meaning that they are all of equal importance in my eyes. People may question why I have Rath in there instead of a proper strength alien like Four Arms or Humungousaur for melee combat, but the reason is that the Appolexian transformation would help me be fearless in battle. I'm by nature a quiet person who isn't the first one to put their hand up for a fight and I'd definitely be terrified if I had to engage in hand to hand combat, and Rath's personality would help me overcome that. Or else I could just swap him with Four Arms. Buzzshock and Feedback are also argued to be similar but I think that Feedback is more general when it comes to energy absorption and, well, feedback and is my personal favourite out of all the absorbing aliens. Buzzshock however is more electricity-specific and has powers which Feedback doesn't which makes me have him on my roster. I tried my best not to include any "fusion" aliens like Echo Echo or Jetray (especially not Jetray) as I find that they're too overpowered. Big Chill is the exception here, but only really because I would be worried about using Ghostfreak because of the Ectonourite personality thing. I also tried to include my favourite canon designs of all of them. Granted Pesky Dust's design is a bit unrealistic for me even though I like the idea of the alien, but it's the only one we ever got.
  • Ben 10 character meme

    General Discussion
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    624 Views
    coreofthesunC
    @Mortie-10 I've used the template to make the meme I also managed to help get the format trending on the Ben 10 subreddit which was cool. [image: 1620837124618-final-template.png]
  • 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    430 Views
    npzmanN
    Why did I even say hyped at all When it's out I will watch it. If it ends up good then great I guess. It really gonna be my first time watching the reboot outside the first few episodes. If the execution of the original characters turns out to be terrible, well honestly I couldn't expect less from them.
  • Ben 10 by different comic artist

    General Discussion
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    Rexfan1333R
    @KorseBLI-ND Love to see some Kouta Hirano Ben 10 art, he has a cool style. Also love to see Yusuke Murata ( One Punch Man and Eyeshield 21) do Ben 10 as well.
  • Ben 10 Movie

    General Discussion
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    12k Views
    Tactical OchoaT
    So according to this link by MoviePilot.com that lists 10 facts about Ben 10, Joel Silver might not be involved with the Ben 10 live action movie anymore. What we already know is that in 2011, Joel Silver was called in to produce the Ben 10 movie under Warners Bros and Dark Castle Entertainment while in 2012 it was reported that Albert Torres was writing the script. This we already know. What I think we don't know was that Joel Silvers left Warners Bros in 2013 and now works at Universal Studios. Ryan Engle was also brought in to continue working on Torres' script, which I believe means that Torres is no longer working on the Ben 10 movie. MoviePilot states that the Ben 10 movie might be made by either Warners Bros or Universal Studios but I doubt that Universal Studios is going to be working on Ben 10 simply because Ben 10 is owned by Cartoon Network, who is owned by Time Warner and Turner Broadcasting, who also owns Warners Bros and Dark Castle Entertainment. Universal Studios is owned by Comcast and NBCUniversal and not Time Warner and Turner Broadcasting. Cartoon Network is not going to hand this movie to Universal Studios but instead they would hand it to Warners Bros because of this. Therefore, Joel Silver is not involved with the Ben 10 live action movie. Whether or not anyone here knows about this already, I'm posting this here anyways for those who don't know about this. http://moviepilot.com/posts/3900108 Joel Silvers leaves Warners Bros: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-joel-silver-317552 http://news.doddleme.com/news-room/warner-bros-joel-silver-part-ways-after-25-years/ http://flickdirect.com/news/3854/joel-silver-producer-of-the-matrix-leaves-warner-bros/article.ashx Ryan Engle working on the Ben 10 Movie: http://www.slashfilm.com/live-action-ben-10-adaptation-adds-black-list-screenwriter-ryan-engle/